In all projects the relation
to the times of origin is one of the most important point of view.
The Munchausen-Library exspecially is engaged in research to the
actually is occupied with the following subjects:
- Bibliography of all editions of Munchausen in the English language
from 1786 until 1850. Today for this period we know 150 items.
- Pedigree of the early translations of Munchausen and theire
respective original text.
- The early illustrations - complete documentation and analysis
of the development.
- Case study concerning the story about the horse of the baron
which has been cut in two and healed again.
- Collection and bibliography of all publications of Rudolf Erich
Raspe - one of the authors of Munchausen.
- Utilization of the Munchausen-Collection of Erwin Wackermann,
who has written in 1969 the famous bibliography to the Munchausen-tales
5/2008 © by Bernhard Wiebel